The deadline for application of the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) for periods one through five is Sunday, January 31, 2021, which is just 23 days away!
The date ranges for periods one through five are:
- Period One: from March 15, 2020, to April 11, 2020
- Period Two: from April 12, 2020, to May 9, 2020
- Period Three: from May 10, 2020, to June 6, 2020
- Period Four: from June 7, 2020, to July 4, 2020
- Period Five: from July 5, 2020, to August 1, 2020
For assistance with calculating your CEWS for the periods mentioned above, please contact us today to ensure your application is completed before the deadline.
In order to evaluate your eligibility, we will require your monthly income reports from January 1, 2020, to July 31, 2020, as well as your income reports for the corresponding 2019 periods.
If it is determined that you are eligible, we will also require your payroll details from January 1, 2020, to August 1, 2020.
Other periods currently open for application
- Period Six: from August 2, 2020, to August 29, 2020
- Period Seven: from August 30, 2020, to September 26, 2020
- Period Eight: from September 27, 2020, to October 24, 2020
- Period Nine: from October 25, 2020, to November 21, 2020
- Period Ten: from November 22, 2020, to December 19, 2020
The deadline to file a for a given period is 180 days after the ending date for that period.
- Period Six – February 25, 2021
- Period Seven – March 25, 2021
- Period Eight – April 22, 2021
Other upcoming periods
- Period Eleven: from December 20, 2020, to January 16, 2021
- Period Twelve: from January 17, 2021, to February 13, 2021
- Period Thirteen: from February 14, 2021, to March 13, 2021
To learn more about the periods you can apply for as part of the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy, please click here.
If you have questions regarding the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy claim deadline, please contact a member of the EPR Maple Ridge Langley team by filling out the contact form below.
Canadian and foreign tax laws are complex and have a tendency to change on a frequent basis. As such, the content published above is believed to be accurate as of the date of this post. Before implementing any tax planning, please seek professional advice from a qualified tax professional. EPR Maple Ridge Langley, Chartered Professional Accountants will not accept any liability for any tax ramifications that may result from acting based on the information contained above.